Improving UDS

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 3 12:40:45 GMT 2010

>      * Tracks - some of the feedback received was that the tracks at
>        the last UDS were confusing and complex. What did you folks
>        think of the tracks? One suggestion is that we ditch tracks and
>        instead just have 'tags' for sessions (e.g. you add a session
>        and tag it from a limited set of tags). Do you think this would
>        be a better approach?
>      * Track Leads - there seemed to be some confusion surrounding the
>        expectations and responsibilities of track leads. How do you
>        feel track leads could be most effective in helping the UDS
>        experience?

None of my sessions had a track lead attend, so it wasn't clear to me
if tracks or track leads had any purpose at all except as someone who
was blocking acceptance of my blueprints for the sprint.

>      * Lower Cloud Attendance - we noticed that the Cloud track was
>        less interesting to folks at UDS. The cloud is a key area in
>        which Ubuntu can compete - what do you think we can do to make
>        that content more interesting?

We had one very well attended tutorial at UDS (Aurlien on Git).  While
tutorials shouldn't be a big part of UDS I wonder if for a topic like
cloud they might be a useful way of getting people to think about what
cloud could do for them which might encourage them into the main
sessions.

Jonathan