License of package luzsans-ttf

Sebastian Kosch sebastian at aldusleaf.org
Thu Aug 12 16:30:37 BST 2010

Good morning,

I hope I'm posting in the right place; if not, please redirect me to
whoever you think could answer my question better.

I'm trying to find out the license terms of the package luzsans-ttf,
available here:

http://netbook-remix.archive.canonical.com/updates/pool/public/l/luzsans-ttf/

It's a font family seemingly GPL'ed, but almost unknown in the free
fonts community and only available in the repos for HP netbooks. LuzSans
is a custom Futura remake for HP, and I believe the fonts used to be
part of a custom theme for HP netbooks running Ubuntu. I've posted this
question on launchpad
(https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/115258 ) and I wrote to
Hoefler&Frere-Jones, the foundry who made the font. I didn't get any
answers so far.

If anyone can find out whether the fonts are indeed free, that would be
a great service to the free type community.

Thank you!

Sebastian