moreutils: an 'errno' utility

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 26 09:52:33 BST 2010

I've been using MySQL's perror(1) util for this for years, but being
able to search through the error messages is pretty neat, so for giggles
I wrote a version of it in Python that does not depend on dev headers of
any kind being installed. I put it in this branch:

    lp:~soren/ubuntu-dev-tools/py-errno

You can see the code directly here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~soren/ubuntu-dev-tools/py-errno/annotate/head%3A/errno

I'm not sure what's going on with the syntax highlighting on that page,
though. Maybe it still thinks it's bash.

Anyways, going this route for moreutils would make it grow a python
dependency which I somehow doubt is desirable. It's not rocket science,
though. It should be easily portable to perl.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer