Proposing Removal of the Offline Browser Startpage

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 19 12:38:53 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Alexander Sack <asac at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 08:05:08AM +0100, Matthew East wrote:
>>
>> What do people think?
>
> I agree with you that the current offline page is suboptimal.
>
> I think we could improve the firefox shipped offline page to include
> brief pointers how to get online and maybe have a link to a
> ubuntu-docs shipped local page that has detailed information on
> getting online.

That sounds like a good idea to me. The way of linking to the relevant
ubuntu-docs local page would be to have a link which opens yelp with
the uri ghelp:internet, or ghelp:internet#network-manager. However how
can we deal with the situation where the user running firefox doesn't
have yelp or ubuntu-docs installed?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org