Place for DDs and DMs to request syncs

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 18 15:42:49 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:12:42PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Scott Kitterman [2010-08-17 14:25 -0400]:
> > Did anyone agree to read this list and do the syncs?

> Ubuntu archive admins are expected to be on ubuntu-archive@,

I don't think this expectation has been communicated very well.  I've never
been on that list in all the time I've been an archive admin, and don't
think it would be useful to me to do so; and I don't think it should be
another queue that the archive admins should check for incoming requests,
when archive admins are already spread rather thin.  I would prefer to see a
workflow that lets any Ubuntu dev pick up such a request from a widely-read
list (such as ubuntu-devel) for injection into LP, instead of having archive
admins sift these out of all the bug traffic on ubuntu-archive.

> and judging by who sends "Rejected foo" messages quite a lot are indeed.

I send messages there because *sending* them is the process that has been
communicated to me; that's quite a different thing than *reading* the list
on an ongoing basis. :)