Request For Candidates: Application Review Board

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 16 21:17:34 BST 2010

Hi,

Am Monday 16 August 2010 21:16:28 schrieb Michael Bienia:
> On 2010-08-16 17:52:38 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Stephan Hermann [2010-08-16 16:46 +0200]:
> > > So, we are pushing those "non-permanent" applications to ubuntu and we
> > > (as in ubuntu) take care, that this doesn't destroy our distro?
> >
> > Hm, I think this misunderstanding keeps appearing here: The entire
> > point of those apps are that we _don't_ have to include them all into
> > Ubuntu.
>
> Yet they will get hosted on an ubuntu.com machine (or will it be
> canonical.com like the partner archive?).

Sorry, maybe that's a series of dumb question, but I couldn't find an answer
in the thread or in the spec, but I must admit that I  haven't read it in
depth:

How is this actually technically implemented? seperate archive or special ppa
or anything else? And how does software-center (as far as I've understood)
pick up the new applications?

Will this feature be available for maverick? When will new applications become
available, only after maverick's release? Anything we should watch out wrt.
maverick's release?
What is particularly worth investigating regarding m+1's release? How will the
upgrade path of these applications be handled? (especially, since -- as far
as I understand it -- these applications are meant to be targetted only at a
specific release, something which apt doesn't handle (yet?))

Also, who's responsible for the application in question, i.e. who can we
assign bugs to if things go wrong? Do we have access to directly fix bugs if
we spot these?

Cheers,
   Stefan.