Place for DDs and DMs to request syncs

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 18:01:27 BST 2010

On Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:21:49 am Michael Bienia wrote:
> On 2010-08-14 15:21:02 +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > The fallback mechanism should be implemented in requestsync too.
> > requestsync should fallback to it if Launchpad is not configured. Is it
> > possible to file a bug via email without having a Launchpad account?
>
> No, as you need to gpg-sign the email to let LP process it. And the key
> has to be attached to an LP account. Who should LP report as the bug
> reporter when no LP account exist? Anonymous?

Only if you're setting status/importance/assignee/subscribers.  Could have it
just file a bug that says "[Sync Request]" in the title and then have some
script somewhere that picks up the ones that don't have the rest of the info
and tags them some way (like we do for the "patch" tag).  I think it'd mark it
as reported by <email address>

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo