Responsiveness testing through dpkg

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Tue Apr 27 12:51:17 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:
> I think dpkg is triggering the fsync problem. Andy and Surbhi have some
> information on that.

Tim,

What's "the fsync problem"?

I've been chasing a similar bug in qemu for several weeks now, without
making much progress.

See: Bug #532733, "apt/dpkg in qemu-system-arm hangs if a big task is
installed":
 * https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-kvm/+bug/532733

Is it possible that these are related?  Andy/Surbhi?

:-Dustin