Meeting Minutes from Ubuntu Server Team

Chuck Short zulcss at
Thu Apr 22 14:00:13 BST 2010

== Agenda ==

    * Review ACTION points from previous meeting
    * Lucid release status (ttx)
          o RC milestone, ISO testing
          o Remaining RC bugs
          o Remaining work items in specs 

      Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

      Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

      Weekly SRU review:
    * Maverick call for blueprints (ttx)
    * Open Discussion
    * Announce next meeting date and time 

== Minutes ==

==== Review ACTION points from previous meetings ====

 * mathiaz to fix the "server fixed bugs" broken script: NOT DONE
 * ttx to follow up with ivoks/RoaKSoax on cluster stack state : DONE
 * mathiaz to propose removal of dovecot-postfix on MLs: DONE

==== Lucid Release status ====

Release Candidate is in the oven, Wednesday focus should be on ISO
testing and don't expect an ISO/images re-spin. Please test the heck out
of them and don't forget to register your results.

On the remaining RC bugs side, ttx has assigned most of them to the
[[|team]]. After the RC
has been released this is the team's main focus.

Finally, there are some remaining work item in
[[|specs.]] Most of the are about UEC testing/validation, so we should be ok.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA team (hggdh) ====

hggdh has been doing a heck of a job in testing UEC and shaking out some
hard issues, resulting in a stream of issues in UEC stress testing and
cloud images booting. The more we poke the more bugs are exposed. A
bunch ideas were discussed on how to improve the testing which will be
fleshed out at UDS.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====

smoser said no issues found in ec2 testing related to the kernel.
jjohansen remarked that a little debug info was shaken out and a couple
of more bugs were showing up. smoser asked if jjohansen has proposed a
blueprint to get some time to trial paravirt-ops kernels for ec2, which
hasnt been done yet. jjohnansen said he hasnt had a chance to look at a
kernel oops which appeared in some UEC guests.

==== SRU ====

No new SRU bugs were nominated. mathiaz did mention that the SRU process
will be changed, and raised the issue of a dedicated resource for lucid
SRU for the point release.

[ACTION] ttx to confirm with jib lucid SRU resource allocation

==== Maverick Call for blueprints ====

ttx raised the call for Maverick blueprints. If you want to suggest a
UDS session topic, feel free to file an Ubuntu blueprint. The named is
server-maverick-* and the approver must be set to Jos Boumans At this
point only one blueprint has been proposed. A page has been setup to
capture braindumps and spec which is found

==== Announce next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Wednesday, April 28th at 14:00 UTC in

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list