Review: Syncing from testing a success?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 9 17:10:00 BST 2010

Michael Bienia [2010-04-08 23:00 +0200]:
> Another problem is: Debian removes packages from testing when they get
> to buggy, yet we keep them. Perhaps we should remove those binaries too
> if the same version gets removed from testing.

We have a "process-removals" script which we run several times during
a release, to remove packages which were removed in Debian (with
appropriate manual checks, of course -- we do want to keep some,
because they are fixed in Ubuntu, or we are behind a transition,
etc.).

This should perhaps be adjusted to look at testing, too? Or is it
already? (Sorry, I'm not doing day-to-day archive administration any
more)

Martin