ubuntu-sponsors needs help

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 4 22:43:47 BST 2010

Hi,

The ubuntu-sponsors list is quite long after the merge of
ubuntu-core-sponsors with ubuntu-universe-sponsors. There are currently
45 branches and 87 bugs [1] waiting for a sponsor. Some debdiff are
waiting in the queue for over a half year. We should sponsor debdiffs in
a timely manner to not scare away prospective developers. I can't reduce
this list to zero by myself. Many hands will help here.

Are you a member of ubuntu-dev? If yes, please work on one
ubuntu-sponsors bug per week. ubuntu-core-dev members should take one
debdiff for a main package.

How to sponsor a package:
1. Grab one item from [2]
2. assign yourself to the bug
3. unsubscribe ubuntu-sponsors
4. review and test the changes
5. either upload the package or state what the submitters have to fix
and ask them to resubscribe ubuntu-sponsors then

If most of the developers follow my call, the queue will be empty in two
weeks. Don't worry; if the queue is empty, there will be the
ubuntu-reviewers queue waiting for you. ;)

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.subscriber=ubuntu-sponsors
[2] http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/

--
Benjamin Drung