Please DON'T file feature freeze exceptions for bug fix only uploads

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 10 09:48:07 BST 2009

Hello all,

In the recent days, the release team gets a lot of "feature freeze
exception" requests which are just new bug fix only upstream
releases. If you already determined that there are no new features nor
API breaks, then please don't send them at all, since you already said
that there aren't any new features to approve.

We abolished the "upstream version freeze" ages ago because of that
reason. We don't particularly care (for release management purposes)
whether a fix comes from upstream or from the distro, we are just
interested in intrusive and potentially destabilizing changes.

Please take a minute to read

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureFreeze

again.

Thanks for considering!