UEC/Eucalyptus installation test: 20090927.1

Thierry Carrez thierry.carrez at canonical.com
Mon Sep 28 09:10:30 BST 2009

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>> I've pushed a branch to:
>>
>> https://edge.launchpad.net/~mdz/eucalyptus/auto-registration
>>
>> which implements automatic registration of SC, CC and Walrus using upstart.
>
> That's great, I'll test that right away.

So I did a UEC install / cluster mode from 20090927.1 and confirmed that
the components were not registered. I then upgraded to eucalyptus
packages built from the auto-registration branch. Just after the
packages were installed, the components were still not registered, but a
few dozens of seconds later everything was in place automatically.

The only modification I did on the cluster was to add a VNET_PUBLICIPS=
line with a valid IP address to /etc/eucalyptus/eucalyptus.conf, then

sudo service eucalyptus restart

>> Testing of both cluster and node would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to
>> get this uploaded in the morning once someone else has validated it, and get
>> it onto server ISOs ASAP after that.
>
> I'm on it.

Did the UEC install / node mode from 20090927.1, no problem. Once the
node is up, I did on the front-end:

$ sudo euca_conf --discover-nodes

But the node didn't start to show sync in /var/log/eucalyptus/nc.log

Looking back at the cluster controller there is an issue which may be
related to registration:

Repeated in httpd-cc_error_log:
[Mon Sep 28 10:08:53 2009] [notice] child pid 4416 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Once, in /var/log/eucalyptus/axis2c.log:
[Mon Sep 28 10:06:20 2009] [error] http_transport_utils.c(2557) Service
or operation not found

I'm investigating that.

--
Thierry Carrez
Technical lead, Ubuntu server team || Canonical Ltd.