[launchpad-net] RFC: EC2 / UEC Image updates

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Fri Sep 11 01:57:06 BST 2009

Scott Moser wrote:
> This will apply to Karmic (9.10) and following releases.  Additionally, it
> will apply to Hardy (8.04).

1. Is Canonical officially dropping support for the Intrepid (8.10) EC2
images currently published?

I believe there are bugs in the current Intrepid image which would be
nice to clear up for folks using it.  Intrepid has another half year of
life left.

2. Is Canonical officially not going to publish a Jaunty (9.04) EC2 image?

Many users are currently running production systems on the Jaunty images
I publish for EC2.  I would love to migrate them over to Jaunty images
from Canonical before its end of life which is over a year away.
Otherwise, I need to keep releasing updates for Jaunty, and if I'm
updating Jaunty I might as well keep updating everything :-\

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com