UEC appliance

Thierry Carrez thierry.carrez at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 23 17:05:54 BST 2009

Soren Hansen wrote:
> The resulting ubuntu-xen/root.img file is the image you want to bundle
> for UEC. For your convenience, you can download it here:
>
>   http://people.canonical.com/~soren/uec-mediawiki-appliance.img.tar.gz
>
> The wiki will be available at
>
>   http://<instance ip>/mediawiki/

I tried this one inside UEC and it didn't quite work.
At boot it seems to hang toward the end of the boot sequence:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/299824/

At this point you can't ping the private or public IP, and even less
connect to port 80. After a while (like 20 minutes) it makes some
progress in the boot sequence but networking isn't in any better shape
in the end:

* Starting AppArmor profiles
        * Setting up console font and keymap...
                * Waiting for EC2 meta-data service
                        * Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server sshd
                                * Starting MySQL database server mysqld
                                         ...done.
 * Checking for corrupt, not cleanly closed and upgrade needing tables.
* Starting web server apache2
        * Running EC2 user data

The mount errors in the log are known eucalyptus bugs that we still plan
to workaround in UEC images themselves, I'm not sure they affect the end
result in the appliance case.

I can test new builds if needed.

--
Thierry Carrez