Request: Please fix fltk1.1 FTBFS (blocking a much needed ia32-libs update)

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Oct 19 08:15:51 BST 2009

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> On 19/10/2009, at 07.30, Scott Ritchie wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how to handle this one myself so I'm asking the mailing
>> list for help: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fltk1.1/+bug/445560
>>
>> Someone needs to investigate the newly missing symbols which are
>> causing
>> fltk1.1 to fail to build.  Maybe they can be just forgotten and
>> removed
>> entirely, I'm not sure.  What's needed is a genuine volunteer.
>

> The fltk1.1 package builds fine under karmic if you apply the patch
> which is issued by dpkg-gensymbols just before it fails. You might
> want to test if the  ia32-libs update works with the patched package.
>
> Cheers,
> Morten

It's not a bug in fltk1.1 itself that's blocking ia32-libs, rather it's
an issue with the source file in the package archive being a different
version than the binary we ship.  ia32-libs build script doesn't like it
when the archive has a newer source package than the available binary,
since they then become out of sync.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie