My Ubuntu 9.04 experience

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Tue Oct 13 14:11:36 BST 2009

Martin Pitt wrote:

> Derek Broughton [2009-10-12 22:12 -0300]:
>> Ahem.  How do you do that during the install?
>
> It's a live system...

The installer doesn't give you that option, and I agree with the OP that you
shouldn't use any energy saving options during the install.  OK, you might
be able to turn it off if you're smart enough - but that isn't useful for
the average user.

fwiw, the only time this was ever an issue for me was during a Windows XP
install, the screen blanked and I could not get it to wake up again...
--
derek