UEC image resize script

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Thu Oct 8 07:01:59 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at canonical.com> wrote:
> We agreed that euc2ools should remain a drop-in replacement for the
> ec2-api-tools, and that this utility (and others) should go elsewhere,
> perhaps in a uec-tools package.

Matt-

I created a 'uec-tools' project in Launchpad, and added your script to
a branch at lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/uec-tools/ubuntu.  I renamed it to
'uec-resize-image', for namespace reasons, which will hopefully map to
a nice set of tab-completable uec-<action>-<object>.

Please add a stock GPLv3 and copyright header to the top of that
script when you get at chance.

I've been updating the test case at:
 * http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/ServerEConfig

It's nearly a runable script at this point.  So much of the
EMI-creation procedure is absolutely mechanical.  Painstakingly
precise, but mechanical.  I'd like to turn this into a
uec-register-image script that takes a couple of parameters and does
all of these [bundle|upload|register] x [kernel|initrd|image]
commands, such that I can run a script, go make a pot of coffee, and
come back to see my EMI is ready to run.

I can easily throw up a very simple debian/ dir and set of packaging.
Should we target just getting this into a PPA, or fast track this into
Karmic at this point?

:-Dustin