today's UEC report

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 5 12:53:56 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:22:31AM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>> I plan on continuing this work with Thierry and Dan on Monday, but
>> any additional eyes would be appreciated.  Note that I have never
>> merged Eucalyptus before, so I had to wing a few things (like
>> creating the orig.tar.gz).  I have not tested this yet, but the build
>> succeeded locally, so I pushed to the PPA for wider testing as soon
>> as possible, prior to uploading to Karmic.
> How did you go about creating the .orig.tar.gz?

When I've been doing it, I've used something like:

 bzr export ../eucalyptus-1.6~bzr808.tar.gz ; \
 ln -s eucalyptus-1.6~bzr808.tar.gz ../eucalyptus_1.6~bzr808.orig.tar.gz

from within my checkout of the upstream bzr branch.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team