Bandwidth problems at beta time

Laurent moky.math at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 10:58:30 BST 2009

>> I think it's great that we have so much enthusiam for a release but
>> surely we can set aside a certain percentage of bandwidth for people
>> to get their testing done.
>>

> I agree. I think we need to find a better solution for this problem.
> What does everyone else think?
>
>      Jono

As karmic end-user who downloaded the CD+all updates twice in the first
day (I installed on two computers), I feel I have my part of
responsibility ;)

I don't use my Belgian mirror only by irrational fear that it is not up
to date. Just say me that the Belgian server has no more than few hour
delay, and I'm going to use it.

A better communication to the end-user about the delay and quality of
mirrors could maybe help people (like me) to use them. Is there any
statistics about who is using what mirror ?

Have a good day
Laurent