today's UEC report

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sat Oct 3 16:41:31 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 04:21:27PM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:22:31AM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:09:47PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> > > And uploaded to my ppa:
> > >  * https://edge.launchpad.net/~kirkland/+ppa-packages
> >
> > I'll give these a try.
>
> In order to test the fresh install case, I:
>
> - upgraded my KVM image to the latest server bits, including the fixed upstart
> - purged eucalyptus
> - diverted /sbin/start and /sbin/restart
> - installed your packages
> - rebooted
>
> The walrus and cc were successfully registered (with the LAN IP address)
> after a bit of churning.  The SC, however, took a full minute longer and
> several retries before it finally registered.
>
> The resulting setup looks correct in the admin console.  I haven't tried
> setting up a node controller and starting instances yet.
>
> Two strange things happened:
>
> - It looks as if SC registration succeeded, then failed several times, then
>   succeeded again
>
> - After they were successfully registered, it looks like CC and Walrus
>   registration were attempted a second time and failed
>
> The registration logs are attached.

I removed the stdout and stderr redirections from the wget calls in
euca_conf to see if I could find out what was happening when it logged
"ERROR: you need to be on the CLC host and the CLC needs to be running."

However, the subsequent attempt worked without a hitch, with everything
registered the first try.  Logs attached.

--
 - mdz