Please demote thinkfinger to universe

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon May 4 08:23:20 BST 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 08:24:21AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello Thomas,

> Thomas Jaeger [2009-05-03 15:43 -0400]:
> > In light of this, it would make sense to move the package to
> > universe, as this would make it at least easier to get fixes for
> > critical bugs in.

> Indeed, well spot. I dropped it from the seeds, and demoted it.

> Laptop FP readers are not a good thing to promote security-wise
> anyway. :-)

This aside, bug #311732 seems like a pretty significant bug in a package
that is still in main as of jaunty.  Perhaps someone who has the hardware in
question would be willing to sponsor that fix as an SRU?

Also, the original MIR for thinkfinger
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thinkfinger/+bug/194458)
describes this as a stopgap, with the intent that this be replaced later by
"fprint".  Is that still the right thing to do?