assistance with ubuntu-docs bug

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:30:10 BST 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 3:10:26 am Matthew East wrote:
> So we need something in the package maintainer scripts which will
> remove the symlink and permit the package to install the relevant
> files in its place. The relevant commands have been posted in comment
> 15 on the bug, but I don't know how to include these in the package.
> Is someone able to help?

If there's a preinst file, put it in there.  If there's not, I don't know if
there's something more involved than just creating one.  I'm looking at
Pidgin's debian/ directory and I don't see any references to its preinst files
in any of the other files, so t *seems* like 'just create one.'  By the way,
Pidgin's is named pidgin.preinst so I'm guessing you may need to name it
ubuntu-docs.preinst

Hope that helps some...

--
Mackenzie Morgan