Messaging Indicator (was: Notifications: uselessness of)

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Sun Mar 29 12:05:59 BST 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 09:17:20AM -0600, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 11:45 +0000, (``-_-´´) -- BUGabundo wrote:
> > On Monday 02 March 2009 10:19:19 Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> > > This will be handled by the new messaging menu.
> >
> > What *new* messaging menu?
> > Are there new stuff coming up that _we_ dont know about?
> > Can you please elaborate a bit more, so that we know what to expect?
>
> Currently it's configured for the default install, but the upgrade
> script has not be configured to put it in a current user's panel.  So if
> you'd like to add it you need right click on your panel and add
> "Indicator Applet".

It is?  I upgraded this very laptop from Intrepid to Jaunty (after the
beta window) and I have this indicator-applet.  It display a pretty little
envelope, no idea why and clicking it just shows me a list containing
pidgin, clicking that brings pidgin up.  Having had it for a week I still
don't know what its doing for me, if someone could enlighten me ...

-apw