Keyring password (Re: Installation report for UNR 20090324 on Acer Aspire One)

Andrew Barbaccia andrew.barbaccia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:47:14 GMT 2009

> I think I'd just prefer a prompt for the user's login password.  This way,
> regardless of whether auto-login is in use, the end result (by default) is
> keyring which is encrypted with the user's login password.
>
> If they want anything fancier than that, they can change the keyring
> preferences directly.

I think Matt's approach is a good default for desktop security. We still
would provide the ability to lock it down further for those with more
concerns. I would like to propose one change to help handle the auto-login /
wifi password issue:

   - Alter the keyring password dialog to include a checkbox with something
   like: "Store this password unsecured and don't show me this again"

BTW, is there a GUI for managing the keyring?

-a