Best practice for reporting bugs

( ``-_-´´ ) -- BUGabundo ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Thu Mar 26 00:31:34 GMT 2009

Olá Matt e a todos.

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 11:58:11 Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> In almost all cases, it is preferable to report the bug using Apport.

I do file most of my bugs with it, and have been doing it for a while. But there are a few _glitches_ that would be nice to see fixed in the future.

* PPA packages support:
	Currently Apport only works for packages on Archive. If a package is from a PPA (even if a higher version of an Archive packages), Apport will refuse to submit it to LP. I would enjoy if Apport was smart enough to do this with this packages, helping the PPA maintainers get all the logs as do Archive Devs. Currently i'm forced to run apport-collect just to collect the extra data, and locally retrace the .crash (if there's one) so then I can upload it to LP.
Not Many ppl will do that...

* GUI fail upload:
	Recently Apport stop working when double clicking on the .crash file, but still works for apport-cli -c FOO.crash

* parameter option to upload nonstop:
	since apport-cli was changed to have a _nice_ menu, I keep forgeting about it, and it gets stuck there, waiting.
would it be possible to have some king of -s parameter that would skip the menu and send directly?

ps: sorry for not posting the LP bugs ids for this wish/bugs, but i'm offline now, and cant check LP.

--
Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net