Installation report for UNR 20090324 on Acer Aspire One
mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 24 10:59:48 GMT 2009
* First, a cosmetic issue: "Try Ubuntu Netbook Remix without any change to
your computer" is a bit long (though it does fit on the screen OK)
* I received an unexpected Pop-up "Unmount partitions that are in use?"
during partitioner startup:
The installer has detected that the following disks have mounted
partitions: /dev/sdb [this is my USB stick]
Surely the installation media should be automatically excluded?
This looks to have been filed as
Is the "netbook-remix" project an appropriate place to file UNR bugs, or
should they always be filed on Ubuntu packages instead? Both?
* I expected clicking "continue" to proceed, ignoring this partition.
Instead, it caused the dialog to be displayed again and again, until
I clicked "Go back", which actually went forward
This is also mentioned in
* Just as the installation was finishing, the X server crashed due to
This is the first time I had seen this bug outside of a suspend/resume
scenario, and so I'm getting more concerned about it.
* The usplash shutdown display (including the prompt to remove the USB key)
was corrupted. This may have been related to the X server crash, so I'd
appreciate confirmation if anyone else saw this.
* The WiFi did not work out of the box, but worked after I removed the
This confirms https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/319825
* Jockey popped up and offered the madwifi driver, which is odd as ath5k
worked fine. I confirmed https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/346078
* Putting Cheese into Favourites is great; the webcam works out of the box
and it's fun to play with. Does it appear there even if there is no
(detected) webcam though?
More information about the ubuntu-devel