Messaging Indicator

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Mar 10 00:04:35 GMT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:10:08 +0100 Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
wrote:
>Chow Loong Jin [2009-03-09 21:32 +0800]:
>> If this is such an issue on non-GNOME DEs, how about making
>> ubuntu-desktop recommend pidgin-libnotify?
>
>It does already. That's in fact what keeps it in main and on the
>Ubuntu CDs. :-)
>
>$ apt-cache rdepends pidgin-libnotify
>pidgin-libnotify
>Reverse Depends:
>  ubuntu-desktop

Which brings us back to my original question: If it's been decided that the
appropriate default configuration for pidgin is to use notifications (and
it seems it has) then shouldn't the package just recommend it directly so
there will be notifications (of whatever type) independent ofthe installed
desktop?

Scott K