New bug tags from UDS for helping small contributors easily find things they can work on

David Siegel david.siegel at canonical.com
Mon Jun 29 22:06:48 BST 2009

Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> At a UDS community session we discussed the idea of creating bug tags
> designed to help small contributors find bugs that they can help with.
> A good example of this is the needs-artwork tag: once it's widely used,
> all a volunteer artist needs to do is find this link to scour Launchpad
> for anything that needs art:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=needs-artwork
>
> I blogged about this here: http://yokozar.org/blog/archives/89
>
> I've added the tags (and quick search links) to the Bug Tags page on the
> wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Tags
>
> However, at the moment, very few bugs are actually using these tags.  It
> would be really great if we could get lots of community help in Karmic
> integrating extra contributions like this, so please help by tagging
> some bugs :)
>
> Thanks,
> Scott Ritchie

Most paper cuts are fixable by new contributors. We plan to do a session
at Ubuntu Developer Week to demonstrate how to fix these tiny bugs:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field.tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY

David