integrating apt-listbugs with

Brian Murray brian at
Wed Jun 24 16:36:33 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 04:20:07PM +0800, Tim Webster wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Reinhard Tartler<siretart at> wrote:
> > Jordan Mantha <laserjock at> writes:

> >> That's because you can't and why apt-listbugs doesn't seem very viable
> >> for Ubuntu.
> Did I read this wrong?
> It is impossible to query bugs for the bugs
> on specific package version?

I wouldn't say that it is impossible rather somewhat challenging.  You
could start off by querying for all the bug reports about a specific
package and filter those using the tags 'apport-crash', 'apport-bug' or
'apport-package'.  These bugs will have been reported by apport and will
subsequently contain 'Package: xyz' information in the bug description.
I think with this information you might have a good starting point.

Brian Murray