integrating apt-listbugs with bugs.launchpad.net

Tim Webster tdwebste at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:20:07 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Reinhard Tartler<siretart at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Jordan Mantha <laserjock at ubuntu.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Tim Webster<tdwebste at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In brief
>>>
>>> I don't see how to retrieve bug reports on a specific package version
>>
>> That's because you can't and why apt-listbugs doesn't seem very viable
>> for Ubuntu.

Did I read this wrong?
It is impossible to query bugs https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu for the bugs
on specific package version?

> Well, apt-listbugs could at least list bugs that are targeted to a
> particular release. That would still be a bit limited, but perhaps that
> functionality could give some more momentum to use launchpad's bug
> nomination feature.

I probably misunderstood the above.
However, I need bugs against the specific package version for bug
regression reporting / monitoring.

Bugs against a specific ubuntu release is not useful at all.
For example a netbook installed as hardy will have many package
version updates to address bugs and backports.

Each ubuntu release starts as experimental, and is alpha or unstable
for a time, as bugs are addressed and features integrated the release
is suitable for testing. Finally the release is stabilized through
continued bug fixes and backports.

What does tracking bugs against a particular ubuntu release mean?