One Hundred Paper Cuts -- the first ten

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 17:06:32 BST 2009

On Friday 19 June 2009 9:10:31 pm Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> Back to Ubuntu though. We already have similar functionality in place.
> It is optional for the login screen to unlock your default keyring as
> well. How does that work if the account password and login keyring
> have different passwords? Does it do an API accessed unlock?

It breaks.  There's a bug open[1] about the fact that if you change your user
password, the keyring password is not also updated, so then suddenly you have
to enter the keyring password as well which is, confusingly, still your old
password.

[1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shadow/+bug/162710

--
Mackenzie Morgan