Stable GNOME updates, how could be do better?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 06:23:08 BST 2009

On Wednesday 29 July 2009 8:12:40 am Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Martin Pitt ha scritto:
> > IMHO it would be so much
> > better to fix bugs in the development release, and thus make the
> > _final_ releases better, instead of trying to keeping to play catch-up
> > in SRUs.
>
> This would happen if more users tested the beta release, but that cannot
> be enforced, and a larger portion of Ubuntu users will wait the final
> release, and then report bugs.

Alpha release.  Beta is only a month before release.  By that point, developer
time is aimed much more at big showstopper bugs than at some non-default app
that happens to crash if you press that button that's really useful to you.

But even so, we've got a good few thousand bugs sitting in Launchpad waiting
to be fixed...folks skilled in the art of "git bisect" to find what upstream
patch fixes a bug and folks who are one with their debuggers would be quite
useful.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo