reverting from change to karmic development branch

Stephen Burke steve.burke.56 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:07:26 BST 2009

I posted this on the ubuntu-users list but figured it would be more
appropriate here.

I was doing some work on a bug in Launchpad and needed to get Karmic
source for a particular package.  To do this I added a file in the
/etc/apt/sources.list.d directory with the following contents.  I got
the source I needed but there were some side effects.

deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic universe
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates universe

I noticed that my update manager had a lot of packages to update and
mentioned a distribution upgrade (not sure of the exact wording).  I
updated all the packages and now in my grub boot list all my kernels
have "karmic development branch" in the beginning of them.  What is
the easiest way to reverse this change and go back to Jaunty?

Thanks
Steve