700/703 MB CD size

Jordan Mantha jordan.mantha at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 19:20:38 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Jerome Haltom <wasabi at larvalstage.net> wrote:
> Sort of off topic, but I wanted to drop it out there.
>
> I was trying to get my dad to download and run the Live CD a few days
> ago, and he could not figure out what he was supposed to do with the
> ISO. Of course, XP has no way to burn an ISO. And there are no
> instructions on the site suggesting how to accomplish it.

When you use http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download to download the
.iso it gives you a page with a "Need Help?" section that links to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto which has
instructions for how to burn the .iso on Windows, OS X, Ubuntu,
Kubuntu, and Xubuntu.

Even on releases.ubuntu.com the page links to the BurningIsoHowto page
as well as a USB image writing guide now for mobile stuff.

-Jordan