Developer Application Criteria - Was Re: New Application processes

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at
Mon Jan 19 14:59:55 GMT 2009

Jordan Mantha [2009-01-08  9:11 -0800]:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at> wrote:
> > If there is *no* objective component to MOTU/CoreDev application
> > assessment, then I don't think it's fair to make arbitrary,
> > *quantitative* criticisms on an application.
> I don't think that's necessarily a logical conclusion. You're saying
> that if the +1/-1 of a MOTU Council member is based on a subjective
> decision that they can't use objective data in making that decision.

I don't actually see that happen. It's the advocates/sponsors who
convert their subjective impression into a +1/-1 which can then be
counted by the council. So if the guideline is e. g. "a candiate gets
approved if he has >= 3 advocates and no objections", this is not a
subjective criteria from the council.

Martin Pitt                        |
Ubuntu Developer (  | Debian Developer  (