Question

Spase Ivanovski Spase.Ivanovski at innovation.com.mk
Fri Feb 27 08:21:33 GMT 2009

Update to the current bug error!

Spase Ivanovski

Innovation
Arhimedova bb
YES Inkubator, Reon 60
1000, Skopje, Macedonia
--Tel.:+389 2 3108892
..Fax: +389 2 3108892
::Email: spase.ivanovski at innovation.com.mk
@@Internet: http://www.innovation.com.mk

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Langasek [mailto:steve.langasek at ubuntu.com]
Sent: петок, 27 февруари 2009 02:20
To: Spase Ivanovski
Cc: ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Question

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 03:21:28PM +0100, Spase Ivanovski wrote:

> I installed Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 the Alpha 3 version, then I installed WINE
> and I tried to install the game Toolkid again and it gives me the same
> answer as before. If you Steve managed to run Toolkid please guide me
> through the detail since I might be missing something. Just a reminder
there
> are multiple programs with this software and the major one Toolkid does
not
> work the rest of them look good as much as I see. The language should not
be
> a problem since I can install the Ubuntu with other languages. But for now
> it seems that I cannot manage to run Toolkid. Let me know!!!
> Here is a picture of how does my error report look like!

Yes, this is the "escaping problem" that I mentioned in my previous mail:

> There are also two problems with the menu entries added to the GNOME menu
> for this program.  First, the 'ToolKID' link has a path escaping problem,
> and all the backslashes in the path to the kidspac.lgp demo file are
> missing, causing a launch failure.  (It launches fine from the
commandline.)

I'm able to launch ToolKid manually with the following command from the
commandline:

  LANG=bg_BG.UTF-8 wine 'c:\comlogo\Comlogo.exe'
'c:\comlogo\demo\Kidspac.lgp'

I believe this is a bug in GNOME for mishandling the following .desktop
line:

  Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/vorlon/.wine" wine "C:\\comlogo\\Comlogo.exe"
c:\\comlogo\\demo\\kidspac.lgp

The unquoted c:\\comlogo\\demo\\kidspac.lgp is collapsed to
c:comlogodemokidspac.lgp, which can't be found, resulting in the error
message.

For this to have happened, something interpreting the .desktop file is
handling the \\ differently outside of quotes than inside of quotes.  That
definitely seems like a bug to me; and it should be a fixable one.