Notifications: uselessness of

Mat Tomaszewski mat.tomaszewski at canonical.com
Thu Feb 26 09:48:30 GMT 2009

Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> ke, 2009-02-25 kello 09:43 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth kirjoitti:
>
>> Oliver, this was not constructive feedback.
>>

> I'm going to give some more harsh-ish feedback. I'll try to formulate it
> politely, but I apologize beforehand for failing to do so.
>
> Notifications are always interruptions. When something new pops up on
> the screen, it interrupts my thought and my work, and if I'm "in the
> zone" (also known as "in hack mode"), that interruption may cost about
> fifteen minutes of effective work time.

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the interesting feedback. I'm happy to let you know that we
have already thought about the problem you described. All you need to do
is switch to "Do not disturb" mode, which will disable all, but critical
notifications.

Hope it is close to the solution you've been asking for.

Many thanks,

Mat