Auto-launching of applications

Chris Cheney ccheney at canonical.com
Fri Feb 20 19:49:46 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 11:14 +0000, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> As Siegfried has described, if you don't want to use Update Manager at
> all, you can turn off the automatic checking. In future we will make it
> more obvious how to get to that option.

As I noted in the bug report related to this issue we may want to have
the apt cron job that downloads packages list be more smart about when
it downloads them. Also, the cron job probably should be moved out of
apt as well into possibly the update-manager package(?) and have some
sort of network manager hook, so it doesn't get fired off when running
on a mobile broadband connection, etc.

Chris