Introduction to Ubuntu Distributed Development

Adrian Perez adrianperez-deb at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 17 19:21:48 GMT 2009

Those were the layers I was talking about, many pitfalls. Honestly, I'd
just use bzr (and a good moment to say I've used it and use it
ocasionally), instead of such a layer.
Also I pointed you to an example, git.debian.org, and they have pointed
you to other more important: upstream.
As I said I have no statistics to confirm, but how many upstream teams
are using bzr and how many are using git. How's bzr going to allow you
in the future to maintain both upstream sources and debian patches in
the way the git workflow will allow soon/is allowing already? No bzr has
submodules or sub-tree merges I'm aware of.
I'd really rather work than spending hours talking, so I'm going back to
a new upstream version, and expect this thread will make someone react.
If they do, please let me know about it, I'm in for any coding (and I
won't start another war about ubuntu being python-monopolized :) ).
I personally agree that, but I'm not totally against, Canonical is
making some decisions for us, I'm just over-accustomed to debian, I'm
just saying that the community could have been part of that decision and
I suspect that wasn't (honestly, I wasn't around by then).

I was personally trying to get azureus to be tracked in launchpad and
there were many many issues, only master branch, etc. There is room for
improvement in many places, so the today's implementation isn't perfect.

No more args, Ubuntu rocks anyways.

--
Best Regards,

Adrian Perez <adrianperez-deb at ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu Developer

GPG Key ID: 8A9A3084
GPG Key Fingerprint: 99E8 E74E 7B4F 93AE F32A  5523 9973 0D5C 8A9A 3084