Call for testing: hal-less suspend quirks

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 6 12:36:10 GMT 2009

Hello all,

I just uploaded a new pm-utils to lucid which stops using hal for
getting suspend quirks [1].

However, I do not actually have any hardware which needs quirks, and
neither has upstream. Therefore I'd appreciate if folks who do need
quirks could test if suspend/resume still works.

For testing if your machine needs quirks:

 * You must NOT have an Intel graphics card >= i915, or use the
   proprietary fglrx/nvidia drivers. E. g. you use the free nv driver,
   or one of the less popular ones like s3/trident/voodoo.

 * You must NOT use KMS.

 $ lshal|grep power_management.quirk shows quirks other than "none"

Thanks,

Martin

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-suspend-quirks-halsectomy