Ubuntu Software Store: What it does, and how you can help

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:30:49 BST 2009

I'm following this list for a long time, and as far as I remember
that's my first participation. Nervertheless, here's my two cents:

I think "Store" is better, if only for "pragmatic" reasons. "Center"
is nearly as good - both are short and easy to spell. But "Store" has
a vast more powerful marketing momentum due to the App Store from
Apple. Also, people from IT would have no problem recognizing "store"
as a place to store things. We talk about storage, use use variables
to store values. So it's pretty clear (at least to me).

Last but not least, int the end people will just get used to it. I
just hope that this discussion does not get like "a bike shed of any
colour will do". But that's Ubuntu, I hope better for us all.

Carlos Ribeiro