Ubuntu Software Store: What it does, and how you can help

Greg Grossmeier greg at grossmeier.net
Fri Aug 28 14:56:45 BST 2009

<quoting name="Matthew Paul Thomas" date="2009-08-28" time="11:07:26 +0100">

> So as long as the Store doesn't
> yet contain paid software, we're counteracting that by using the section
> heading "Get Free Software" in the navigation, and "Price: Free" in the
> screens for individual applications.

Just double checking that I understand this part correctly: we're going
to have a line in every single software package description in all of the
Ubuntu repositories that says "Price: Free"?

EDIT: Just confirmed this with mpt on #ubuntu-devel and he pointed me to
this bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/419295 (thanks, mpt)