Can Pidgin 2.6(.1) replace Empathy for Karmic now?

Ken VanDine ken.vandine at canonical.com
Thu Aug 20 14:54:14 BST 2009

Thanks for bringing this up, however let me point out the primary
benefit of switching to empathy wasn't actually voice or video.  The
real gain is the incredibly powerful telepathy framework.  Which is a
huge win for the desktop.  It isn't really just about which IM client
(pidgin is certainly mature and rich), it is about creating a truly
collaborative desktop.

Thanks,
--Ken