LoCo Teams and Developers

Ted Gould ted at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 20 14:57:39 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 22:30 -0700, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Does this sound like something that would interest some of you?

In my experience they need to almost be separate groups.  In Phoenix
their LUG (PLUG) has a separate devel meeting (they have 4 meetings a
month) which covers development topics.  Talks that have done well at
one have not done well at the others.  I think that it largely comes
down to what the average developer finds interesting and the average
user finds interesting are different.

Now, interestingly.  PLUG has had a hard time keeping the development
group going.  Hard to get speakers and topics and it is a smaller group
in general.  That may be a sign that it's not that "oil and water" but
more like "developers hate being around other humans" ;)

		--Ted