blueman as default bluetooth client in Gnome

ajmctaggart ajmctaggart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:11:41 BST 2009

Thank you all for such helpful input!

I will contact the blueman maintainer via Launchpad, and let he or she know
that some issues would need to be addressed.  Namely:

1)  Dependencies
2)  Buggy on certain setups

Let's say I am able to work with blueman in Launchpad to fix some of these
issues (dependencies issue may have already been fixed).  Is there still a
good chance that gnome-bluetooth would just remain the default because it's
easiest to keep things the same and not mess with Gnome's defaults too much?

I am looking to find the Karmic bug testing done for blueman, so that I may
be able to help the blueman group resolve these in some way; would any of
you be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Anthony