Call for testing: power management related buttons/events

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 10 21:10:51 BST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 09:59:39AM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 07:20:00PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > in Ubuntu 8.10 we added a patch to gnome-power-manager [1] to ignore
> > power management related hotkey events which came in in quick
> > succession; this caused effects like suspending immediately after
> > resuming [2].
> >
> > I dropped the patch from the recent karmic upload of
> > gnome-power-manager. It is unclear whether this is still an issue in
> > the new world where we just read -evdev events instead of ACPI events
> > from hal, is pretty hackish, and it potentially leads to dropping
> > valid events. I discussed it with Richard Hughes, and he suggested to
> > try without the patch, and that he doesn't like to adopt it.
>
> I've been seeing spurious suspends immediately after resume over the past
> week in Karmic.

I noticed this a couple of times last week also but was unable to come
up with specific steps to recreate the bug.  Martin Pitt uploaded
gnome-power-manager with the patch to the Ubuntu Desktop team PPA for
testing though:

https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com