No subject

Fri Apr 24 16:25:21 BST 2009

newer drivers than were included in the official release.  To make life
a little easier, we've put together a PPA with some newer X drivers:

  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates/">https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates/</a>

You can see that already we have new stable versions of nearly all the
major video drivers for your video-ing pleasure.

I can't promise that we'll be keeping it up to date or fixing bugs, but
we'll do what we can.  We're going to treat it as a "stable" PPA, and
only post stuff we feel is likely to be better in some respect than
what's in the release.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
That is great, thanks!

Are there any plans on updating the Nouveau driver with that PPA?

Marc.

  </pre>
It seems like the build of xserver-xorg-input-synaptic in the x-updates
PPA causes laggy mouse motion on my Dell Mini 9's touchpad; reverting
that one package to Jaunty fixes it.<br>