X.org driver updates PPA

Mike Rooney mrooney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 00:35:13 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com> wrote:
> A little Jaunty Release Day present from the Ubuntu-X team.  :-)
>
> From past releases, we know that often people want a way to try out
> newer drivers than were included in the official release.  To make life
> a little easier, we've put together a PPA with some newer X drivers:
>
>  https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates/
>
> You can see that already we have new stable versions of nearly all the
> major video drivers for your video-ing pleasure.
>
> I can't promise that we'll be keeping it up to date or fixing bugs, but
> we'll do what we can.  We're going to treat it as a "stable" PPA, and
> only post stuff we feel is likely to be better in some respect than
> what's in the release.

Thanks, this is a great idea and an excellent present indeed!
Hopefully it should also lead to less surprises when pulling in new
upstream versions for newer releases and potentially allowing us to be
a little more agile there if a version already has some testing.

Keep up the great work!

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney at gmail.com