UDS signing party

Lars Wirzenius lars at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 24 05:46:18 BST 2009

pe, 2009-04-24 kello 00:16 -0400, Scott Kitterman kirjoitti:
> I'd like to suggest reconsidering the idea of a key signing party.  It is
> somewhat human nature to get careless when performing the same operation
> repetitively.  There have been cases in the past where keysigning parties
> were used as venues for social engineering to get people to sign keys they
> shouldn't have.

That's why I've been toying with the idea of the "matrix keysigning
party": to reduce the number of keysignings you have to do while keeping
the key path lengths reasonably short within the group, assuming most
people sign most people.

(Short summary: arrange people in a square. First everyone in the same
row sign each other, then everyone in the same column. Up to
2*ceilsqrt(n)) keysignings per person; for 200 people, that's 30, which
is still a lot, of course.)